[OSL | CCIE_Security] packet tracer for icmp and code?

Andrew Wurster i.am.shayne.west at gmail.com
Sun May 8 00:17:28 EDT 2011

jim -

here is a link i tend to use during the lab.  it's pretty light but gets me
the key numbers quickly, if need be.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/ref_ports.html#wp1021334

as for full explanations, i find wikipedia to be most useful for these
things.  RFCs, encryption algorithms, how to talk to girls (jk), etc.  the
ICMP types have links to detailed pages for the codes that need further
explanations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Control_Message_Protocol

however, i don't believe there's a good one you can access in the lab with
explanations.  and of course, there are OEQs with this stuff too...

HTH

andrew